Stories From The Groton Line
- Groton School Inducts Members into Athletic Hall of Fame Groton, Massachusetts and Cooperstown, New York may be more than 200 miles apart, but they just got a little bit closer.
- Groton Pool And Golf Center Open House May 11 On Saturday, May 11th, the Groton Pool and Golf Center, 94 Lovers Lane, Groton, will host an Open House from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Nashoba Paddler Celebrates Opening Day On The Nashua River The snow’s melted, daffodils and tulips are blooming, and Groton’s Nashoba Paddler opens — spring is here!
- A Massachusetts Summer Olympics in 2024? Senator Donoghue Likes the Idea Groton’s State Senator, Eileen Donoghue, thinks Massachusetts could be the world’s prime destination in the summer of 2024. Because the state could be the host to the Summer Olympics.
- Groton Road Race Runs Without A Hitch Peter Omae Ayieni of Lowell, Massachusetts, led home a large field of 511 runners in Sunday’s Groton Road Race 10K with a time of 32:49.
- Fitch’s Bridge Is Demolished; New Span In 90 Days Fitch’s Bridge, a Groton landmark that had fallen into disrepair, was pulled off its foundations last Friday and will be replaced with a new bridge for hikers and riders.