Adults! There’s plenty of time to join the Adult Summer Reading Program! Adults: Register for our Adult Summer Reading Program which runs from June 19 — August 22. Read! Have fun! Win prizes! The more you read and play library BINGO, the greater your chances of winning! Weekly prizes will be gift cards for $50 to popular Groton businesses and the grand prize will be $250 to Gibbet Hill! Made possible by the GPL Endowment Fund.
The Summer Reading Programs for Young Adults and Children also run from Thursday, June 19 to Friday, August 22. Enjoy the fun of reading, along with prizes and programs for everyone who registers. Made possible by the GPL Endowment Fund.
Gardening Get Together: Coping with the Unwanted: Weeds and Pests, Tues, July 8, 7-8 pm. Cindy Sweezey will offer helpful tips to gardeners.
Young Adult Programs
Sign up for the SRP, and pick up some reading materials, films, and computer games.
- YA Pizza & Movie Night: The Book Thief, Tues, July 8, 6-8:15 p.m.
- YA Anime Club, Wed, July 9, 7-8:30 p.m.
- Museum of Science presents: Super-Cold Science (Grades 5-12), Thurs, July 10, 8-8:30 p.m.
- YA Pizza & Movie Night: Divergent, Wed, July 16, 6-8:15 p.m.
- Minecraft Club, Wed, July 23, 7-8:30 p.m.
- YA Pizza & Movie Night: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Thurs, July 24, 5:45-8:30 p.m.
- Science in the Kitchen for Grades 4-6, Wed, July 30, 7-8 pm.
- Henna & Art Party, Thurs, July 31, 7-8:30 p.m.
Online registration begins one week before each program and preference is given to Groton residents, except for Drop-In Craft.
- Lego Movie, Tues, July 8, 10:30 a.m. — 12:15 p.m.
- Drop-In Craft, Wednesdays, 1:30-2:30 p.m.
- Museum of Science presents: Super-Cold Science (Grades 1-4), Thurs, July 10, 7-7:30 p.m.
- The Nightingale Musical Play,*** Fri, July 11, 10:30-11:30 a.m. The Little Red Wagon’s play is a re-imagined telling of Hans Christian Andersen’s story. Grades Pre-K to 4.
- Mad Science-Spin, Pop, & Boom Show,*** Tues, July 15, 10:30-11:30 a.m. Join the fun and marvel at exciting science demonstrations. All ages**
- Sparky’s Puppets,* Fri, July 18, 10:30-11:15 a.m. A scientist builds a time machine and sets the dial for the past … then the future in this delightful puppet show. Ages 3-10**
- Barn Babies,*** Tues, July 22. Please sign up for only one of these time slots: 10-10:30 a.m.; 10:30-11 am; 11-11:30 a.m.; or 11:30-12 noon. A little potbellied pig, a diapered goat, bunnies, puppies, kittens … Children are welcomed to pet and hold baby animals. All ages**
- Nate Ball,* Thurs, July 24, 10:30-11:30 a.m. Meet Nate Ball, the host of PBS’s series Design Squad and Design Squad Nation and author of Alien in My Pocket series. Grades 2-5**
- Musician David Grover, *Fri, July 25, 10:30-11:30 a.m. Lively, interactive concert for all ages.**
- Fizz, Foam, Bubble, Pop! Hands-On Science with Kosmic Kelly, Tues, July 29, 10:30-11:30 a.m. Ages 3+**
Always free and open to all.
* Made possible by the GPL Endowment Fund.
** Online registration begins one week before program and preference is given to Groton residents.
*** Made possible by a grant from the Groton Trust Funds’ Lecture Fund.