Halloween will be in full swing the next week or so, starting with Groton’s Annual Halloween Costume Parade brought to you by the PTA for Flo-Ro and Boutwell Schools. It’s set for Sunday, Oct 28th starting at 2:45 p.m. in the old Prescott School parking lot on Main Street, then going for a walk to the Town Field and a fantastic reception to follow. All are welcome! Kids and adults alike are encouraged to dress up!
A donation of at least $1 per child is desired at the field.
DJ Bob Wright from the Main Street Cafe, a dance contest, face painting, games, prizes, giveaways, drinks and snacks are all on tap.
Three days later, the town’s official Trick or Treating hours run from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. on Wednesday, October 31, 2012.
The Groton Police Department asks that you please follow these safety tips:
- Parents should accompany younger children.
- Wear reflective clothing.
- Carry flashlights and/or glow sticks.
- Use care when crossing and walking along the roadways.
- Parents should inspect all treat bags prior to allowing consumption.
- Be cautious, be seen and be safe.