The third time”s charmed, especially when it includes the charms of a summer Saturday evening in picturesque Groton. The Groton Summer Concert Series returns for its third year, as Main Street Cafe, with cooperation from the Groton Parks Commission announces the Summer 2012 lineup. The first show, scheduled for July 7, features Groton jam band Snow Crow.
Presented each Saturday from July 7 through September 1, the live music shows are held at the bucolic Town Gazebo behind the Groton Public Library at 99 Main Street (Route 119). The shows feature well-accomplished professional local musicians, are free, and run from 6-8 p.m.
- July 7: Snow Crow: Groton”s own “Earth Solâ€ music with the feel of the Grateful Dead.
- July 14: Elizabeth Lorre, The Rafters, and Back to the Garden: Back to the 80s – bring your big hair!
- July 21: GS Picard and Marc Fedman: Main Street Cafe”s open mic hosts along with special guests
- Dave Gaudet, Flair, Cooper and Kenneally, and Rob Carlson.
- July 28: Blue Taxi: Groove jazz, blues, Latin, and funk.
- August 4: Fab4Ever: Back for another Hard Day”s Night!
- August 11: Kenny Selcer and the Patty Axford Trio: folk / rock / jazz / blues originals & familiar
- August 18: Gary Wilson Blues Project: Hard-hitting blues. Enough said!
- August 25: Grotonstock — Wear your tie-dies and bell-bottoms!
- September 1: David R. Smith, Direct from Nashville: Groton”s gone country!
Families are invited to attend the all-age shows. The Town Gazebo is located right next to the Groton Public Library playground, so parents can enjoy live music while the kids play.
“A warm summer evening concert is a great way to spend time with the family and enjoy an old time small town setting,â€ said Main Street Cafe co-owner (and musician) Bob Wright.
All bands and musicians have volunteered their time and talent. Main Street CafÃ© covers the cost of the show production, and provides refreshments. All concerts are weather permitting, and performers are subject to change. For the most up-to-date information, visit http://www.mscgroton.com